Learn Adobe Illustrator and start creating logos, infographics, vector art and more illustrations today!
In this course, students learn the essentials of Illustrator, the industry-standard vector software, including
- formatting and stylizing type
- creating custom shapes
- applying effects and styles
- drawing with the brush and pen tools
- tracing over photos
- creating basic logos
- using the various tools in Illustrator, including when to use certain ones
- creating patterns, blends, and more
Skills Learned in the Course
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Design illustrations with Adobe Illustrator
- Use the various tools of Illustrator
- Stylize and customize type and shapes in Illustrator
- Apply gradients, warp effects, blends, and other styles to shapes in Illustrator
- This course is meant for people new to Illustrator or those who know a little about it and want to know more.
- This course is NOT for people who are experts at Illustrator already.
I’ve used Illustrator for years as a freelance graphic designer, and I’ve also used Illustrator when I was Internet Development Director at an award-winning advertising design firm. While I was Managing Editor of two international graphic design magazines, one of the magazines I oversaw focused on Illustrator.
For the past eight years, as I’ve continued freelance work, I’ve taught students Illustrator and logo design in classes such as Layout and Design, as a full-time university professor.
I have a BA in Communication, an MA in Journalism and Media Studies, a PhD in Communication, and a passion for teaching.
Get Started in Adobe Illustrator
Learn more and enroll to design illustrations and more in Adobe Illustrator!