Are You New to Photoshop?
This beginners’ guide to Photoshop covers the fundamental functions to get started editing and improving photos. You will learn how to customize workspaces and panels, navigate the canvas effectively, work with multiple images and file types, and use various methods of image enhancement, including layering, selecting, and masking.
Support files are included for this course, so students can follow along in the hands-on lectures. If you’re a beginner to Photoshop or simply want to learn more about various selections, layering, and masking techniques, this course is for you!
Learn in practical projects
After learning Photoshop, you’ll design various projects in Photoshop, including:
- Text Made of Photos with Clipping Mask
- Masking in Landscape: HDR Effect
- Masking in Portrait: Selective Sharpening
- Create Web Banner Ads
- Design YouTube Channel Art
- Design a Facebook Advertisement
- Design a Facebook Page Cover
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Customize workspaces and work with panels.
- Create new documents with various settings and modes.
- Navigate and zoom in and out of documents using a variety of methods.
- Switch between screen modes.
- Work with multiple documents and arrange them using various methods.
- Describe various file types and modes.
- Crop and resize images using various settings.
- Use Bridge with Photoshop.
- Rearrange, group, and adjust settings of layers.
- Adjust layer blending modes.
- Create and apply a variety of adjustment layers.
- Create and apply various layer styles.
- Describe the various selection tools and apply them in various ways.
- Use the selection tools in conjunction with each other.
- Add to and subtract from selections.
- Modify and save selections.
- Describe how masking is better than erasing.
- Mask parts of layers using the brush tool.
- Add layer masks using selection tools.
- Apply a clipping mask to text.
- Create an high dynamic range effect using masking in a landscape photo.
- Use layer masking to create selective sharpening in a portrait photo.
Get Started in Adobe Photoshop
Enroll now with a discount coupon!
Who should enroll in this course?
- This course is great for students who are new to, or beginners in, Photoshop.
- Many intermediate students might also learn from this course as well, for example, they might learn new keyboard shortcuts or about specific layering and masking techniques.
- Students who are considered “experts” in Photoshop and know all shortcuts, layering techniques, and so on, will not benefit much from this course.